Seven Interview Tips to Help You Get the Job
Here are a few ideas to keep in mind for the next interview that you are going to. These are ideas form the recruiters at Career Contacts.
- Practice Being Interviewed. Practice, practice and then practice again for those interview questions that they may ask in this interview
- Review the Company’s website, blog and history. Know where you are going.
- Be Ready the Day Before. Get your clothes ready, resume printed and references prepared. When at the interview have a pen and paper with you to make any notes.
- Be Punctual. Don’t be late, – arrive early enough to avoid traffic, find parking, or a bus route and then grab a coffee or water and relax.
- Be Poised. Remember body language and maintain eye contact. Relax and take a breath between questions. Don’t be afraid to say “just a moment, let me think of an example”
- Let them know that you know them. Tell them what you like about their company culture, blog posts, products and history.
- Send the Interviewer a Thank You Follow Up note. Sending a thank you note will let the interviewer know that you are interested in being considered for the job and will possibly get you a final interview.