Working From Home Blog Series
Part 1: The Benefits of Your Employees Working From Home
Employees have been asking to work from home (or remotely) for years.
Over time, this has become more common to work from home, but is still not how most organizations operate. At the most, employees have options to work from home on occasion, and are rarely doing their roles 100% remotely.
Now, with the Corona Virus, COVID-19, employees are being asked to work from home with little notice, and less support. Let’s take advantage of this opportunity to enjoy the benefits of working remotely., but also support employees in being successful at home.
Here are a few of the benefits you may experience, depending on your role in the company.
Benefits to the company:
- Companies are all upgrading IT so that employees are efficient with time and accessibility
- Companies are able to show (not just tell) that they put trust in employees
- Employees working remotely are often more productive (less interuptions)
- Remote meetings are often more time effective and shorter in length
- Companies are able to hire employees from anywhere in the world – global reach!
- Allowing employees to work remotely is one of the best perks you can give them
Benefits to the employee:
- Time is saved on the commute to and from work
- Reduced costs of eating out, coffees etc.
- Extra time available for continuous learning like online courses and learning
- Allows you to work independently and demonstrate you are a hard worker and your value to the team – letting the work speak for itself
Benefits to employee and employer:
- Our carbon footprint is reduced (everyone wins!)
- Productivity will be increased on projects without distractions and interuptions
- The balance of work / life improves
- The cost of employee parking, bus passes, transportation is reduced
During this difficult time with COVID19 and the Corona Virus, let us all work together to be the best teams possible and support one another in finding success in our new work environments.
Collaboration over competition has always been our mantra and now more than ever, we are committed to supporting one another to come out of this time stronger, more connected and prepared.
Stay tuned for part 2 of our blog: How to Work from Home Effectively